Tuesday 20 November 2012

I DID A BAD, BAD THING.

Maybe it's because I slagged Neil Young.  I guess that's what happens when you take on a legend in print. 
 I accidentally deleted about a month's worth of blogs today.  I thought I knew what I was doing, but now I can't get them back.  They're gone forever.   Call it the curse of Neil. 
I actually cried and stomped my feet when I realized what I had done.  I felt like a murderer.  I killed all those great thoughts, the stream of consciousness comments and observations that have made me so popular among my dozens of followers.  I am truly sorry.   Without any backup system, those opinions are now lost forever in that great trash bin in cyberspace.

Luckily, my posts on Twitter and Facebook can still be retrieved, so I will now endeavour to duplicate my random thoughts from the past few weeks.
I wondered aloud what the Jays batting order would be now that they have 4 switch hitters.  Last year they had none.  I wondered if Mats Sundin was the greatest Maple Leaf ever.   I lamented the fact that athletes and social media don't always mix well.  Guys are always saying dumb things on twitter.  I talked about concussions in football after Jay Cutler of the Bears got knocked out.  Since then, 4 more quarterbacks have "had their bell rung".  I talked about Kyle Lowry's bum foot, Ricky Romero's wonky elbow and my ugly mustache, which has now turned into a Movember beauty.  I talked about the dumbest rule in sport, kicking the ball out of bounds and not being penalized in football.  I talked about the greatest TV theme songs, my favourite albums, the best concerts I had attended, Justin Bieber at the Grey Cup halftime show and wondered why football games take so damn long to play (too many flags). 

Some of my better tweets over the past few weeks.

 "I know why the Jays held a 9:30 a.m. news conference.  Because they want to get out of the building before Adriano Belli (the kissing bandit) shows up."

"Is Emilio Bonifacio the best Bluejay name since Candy Maldonado?"

"Toronto is the new capital city of the Dominican Republic" (After the Jays had acquired yet another Dominican player, Melky Cabrera)

"Who is going to manage this Bluejay team now, Phil Jackson?" (November 13th)

So, there you have it in a nutshell.   Stay tuned for daily blogs, all of which you'll be able to read at your leisure, provided I don't say anything bad about Neil Young.  As for the stuff from the last few weeks, consider it short term memory loss and maybe one day it'll re-appear.  But I doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. There are a number of services online that might have stored your blogs -- try the Waybackmachine.

    RT

    ReplyDelete